Tuesday, March 20, 2007

happily home.




This was the beautiful view that greeted me at Long Island's Islip Airport on Sunday afternoon. I don't think I've ever been happier to see blue skies and planes taking off.

Now that I'm home and somewhat rested, I've had a chance to think about the weekend. While thoroughly exhausting and overwhleming, I have to say that I came out of it with some amazing new friends, increased patience, a deep respect for my two teachers, and a desire to never again sleep in an airport.

Apart form the hectic weekend, I had an amazing time. I love the city and can see myself possibly working there. Each of our appointments was eye-opening and inspiring. Seeing people just a few years older than myself was really encouraging; I feel much more confident about soon stepping outside the comfortable and predictable world of school into the job market. I've also returned with more enthusiasim for what I'm doing and a higher level of motivation to continue working and learning about design.

Thank you Haven and Sherin for helping and leading us (through everything), USC and Roski for giving us the opportunity to have this class, and my fellow classmates for being great people to learn and travel with!!

Laura B.

No comments: