Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hajime and his white chair


This was taken on our way to the infamous Gate 90. I was so exhausted at this point, I don't know how I was functioning. I vividly remember having a bizarre out of body experience as all of us refugees were making our mass migration to the "new" gate; I was aware that I was walking, but my legs didn't feel like they were moving at all. I was probably delirious.

The good of the bad:

• Becoming a pro at brushing my teeth and washing my face in public bathrooms. Sick, I know.
• Paid internet service that lasted longer than the advertised 24 hours. Best $8 I spent all week.
• A&W Rootbeer Floats. Kept me sane.
• The feeling of waking up at Morgans on that Sunday morning, knowing I was clean, warm, and had non-greasy food awaiting me.
• The happiness I felt when my name was read after we had waited SO long on standby. Not even the ugliness that ensued can ruin that moment, when everyone was hugging and crying.

So many more good memories. Will post more later.

1 comment:

HLK said...

yuji,

I love this photo! I completely forgot about the chair until I saw your photos and I almost fell on the floor laughing. sooo funny